What does a CSS preprocessor do?
CSS preprocessors are scripting languages that extend the default capabilities of CSS.
What are the advantages of using a CSS Preprocessor?
- Nested syntax.
- Ability to define variables.
- Ability to define mixins.
- Mathematical functions.
- Operational functions (such as “lighten” and “darken”)
- Joining of multiple files
What are the disadvantages or issues you need to consider when using a CSS Preprocessor?
- Debugging is harder.
- Compilation slows down development.
- They can produce very large CSS files.
- Maintainence and overengineering.
- Tooling and developer convenience.
- Saving generated files (or not).
- Capability and understanding.
List at least FIVE CSS Preprocessors currently available
Research Web Development jobs
I looked at 10-12 Web Development jobs in the area and did not see any that listed CSS preprocessors as desired or requrired skills.